A 2-year protection° on your furniture!
° Certain conditions apply, see details below.
At Surplus RD, we have believed in the quality of our products for more than 10 years now, so we do not hesitate to double the warranty on several selected components. Indeed, although all manufacturers only offer a one-year parts and labor warranty on their products, Surplus RD offers a 2-year limited warranty on many selected components.
No surprises! Surplus RD cuts its operating costs to offer the best products at the best prices! So, do not hesitate… Come and choose from our vast selection of new furniture! You will be simply amazed by the quality and durability of our furniture!
Once you have purchased a mattress from our LUXE selection, Surplus RD offers you 90 nights of trial, to make sure that your new mattress answers your needs.
After 90 nights, if you still cannot enjoy the comfort you were looking for, you can simply return your mattress to the store to select a new model. Please contact us only between the 90th and 120th test night, following the date of delivery or pickup, as your body needs some time to adjust to a new mattress. A sales consultant will guide you for your new selection.
Although we will pick up your original mattress at no extra charge, please note that, for you to benefit from the ConfoRD warranty, you will have to pay the following fees:
- Delivery of your new mattress;
- The price difference between your new selection and your original choice, if the price of the new selection is higher.
Please note that:
- The ConfoRD warranty only applies to mattresses from the LUXE * collection;
- The ConfoRD warranty is a one-time opportunity to make a new selection between the 90th and the 120th night. It will not be transferable to your new selection;
- The exchange must be of equal or greater value (Surplus RD will not reimburse the difference if a lower-priced selection is made);
- The new mattress selected must be the same size as the previous one;
- The mattress from your original selection must have been protected by a selected mattress cover* and be free from any stains (this will be verified by our delivery team), otherwise the warranty will be canceled;
- To take advantage of this warranty, you must provide your original invoice, indicating both the mattress and the mattress cover codes, and the signed ConfoRD warranty document. In the absence of either of these documents, the warranty will not be honored.
Surplus RD reserves the right to cancel this warranty at any time without notice. Please note that the ConfoRD warranty does not apply to demonstrator, liquidation or Classic collection mattresses. This warranty is not valid on purchases made before April 2015.
* See details in store.
We know that your furniture will have a full life, which is why Surplus RD offers a 2-year limited warranty for manufacturing defects that could impair your furniture, subject to normal residential conditions as determined by Surplus RD (example: a sofa bed being only a spare bed, the warranty on the mechanism and the mattress will be void if the buyer uses it excessively).
This limited warranty covers defects in moving parts, reclining mechanisms, sofa bed mechanisms, springs and wood structures.
In the first year, the warranty covers all parts and labor costs. In the 2nd year, the warranty covers the cost of parts only. The cost of transporting the furniture for repair or return shall be borne by the first purchaser at all times.
Living Room Furniture Structure - 5 Year Warranty
A 5-year warranty covers the structures of all sectionals, sofas, loveseats, armchairs, footstools and sofa beds.
Surplus RD warrants these components to be free from defects in materials and workmanship and will pay, during the first year after the date of purchase, the parts and labor costs for the repair or replacement of defective parts, if the furniture still belongs to the first buyer.
From the 2nd to the 5th year, the warranty on the structure covers only the replacement of certain parts. The first buyer will be responsible for labor and damage appraisal costs.
At all times, the first buyer will be responsible for all costs related to delivery and pickup.
Reclining mechanism – 5-year warranty
A 5-year warranty applies to the reclining mechanisms of sectionals, sofas, loveseats and armchairs.
Surplus RD warrants these mechanisms to be free from defects in materials and workmanship and will pay, during the first year after the date of purchase, the parts and labor costs for the repair or replacement of defective parts, if the furniture still belongs to the first buyer.
From the 2nd to the 5th year, the warranty on the reclining mechanisms covers only the replacement of certain parts. The first buyer will be responsible for labor and damage appraisal costs.
At all times, the first buyer will be responsible for all costs related to delivery and pick up.
All demonstrators are also covered by a 2-year limited warranty, with the exception of defects and damages already present on the item (snagging, missing parts, etc.) at the time of purchase. These exceptions will be specified on your invoice.
If the demonstrators have a manufacturing defect and if Surplus RD cannot repair it, the exchange (or the offered credit) will correspond to the purchase price and not the original value of the item (when new and without defects).
Mattresses and box spring mattress - Guarantee varies according to model
Each mattress (and its paired box spring mattress) is covered by a warranty of 1 year to 20 years. This warranty is honored directly by the manufacturer.
If you need to make a claim for your mattress set, Surplus RD will transfer your request to the manufacturer. The manufacturer will then evaluate your claim and send someone to your home for further analysis. The manufacturer will decide whether or not to honor his warranty, depending on the condition and the use of your mattress. Surplus RD has no authority over the application of this warranty.
South Shore Furniture – 5-year warranty from the manufacturer
Exceptionally, the warranty on these products made in Quebec is honoured by the manufacturer, South Shore. If there is a defect or if you’re missing a part on your South Shore piece, you can contact them directly at 1-800- 290-0465. South Shore Customer Service will be able to help you swiftly.
What you need to know :
- The Surplus RD warranty is non-transferable; it is valid on the furniture if it still belongs to the first buyer only, still living at the same address;
- Any furniture may be damaged if it is exposed to direct sunlight, placed too close to a high heat source, or in a room where the humidity level is inadequate;
- Wood is a natural resource that can show irregularities, making every piece of furniture unique. A piece could also be deliberately hammered at the factory to create a particular effect. The finish or the color will therefore vary according to the wood species or the result sought by the manufacturer;
- Depending on the direction of the fibers or the view angle, some fabrics (such as microfiber) may reflect different colors;
- It is expected that seat cushions will lose firmness after the first few months of use, as the foam can lose up to 15% of its elasticity;
- Leather is a natural material and its appearance, texture and color can show some variations. This is what differentiates real leather from imitation and marks its richness. Some of these variations, such as scars, insect bites, neck wrinkles or scratches left by a barbed wire are all proof of authenticity and that is why you will never find two identical skins. All these imperfections are harmonious and cannot be considered defects within the definition of this warranty.
Cancellation of warranty
This warranty shall be void if:
- Furniture is subjected to non-residential use (i.e. rental or commercial use);
- Damage or wear and tear is the result of abuse or misuse;
- The furniture was intentionally modified by the buyer;
- Damage occurs during transport by the buyer (after pickup);
- Fabrics and leathers have been inadequately treated or show signs of discoloration due to overexposure to the sun;
- Stains and discoloration of white leather are caused, among other things, by the transfer of dyes from garments (example: jeans);
- Damages are caused by dirt accumulation, animals (hair, claw scratches, bites), inadequate humidity level in the home or any liquid (water or alcohol);
- The furniture shows any type of stains (caused by grease spills, mud, beverages, water or food, chemicals, cleaning products, pets or humans, etc.).
This warranty does not cover:
- The reimbursement of any treatment for the fabric or leather needed while the item is under repair;
- Color variations between leather and vinyl in a piece of furniture identified as "combo" leather;
- Variations in density and padding since the assembly of the materials can vary from one piece of furniture to another.
Terms and conditions
The Surplus RD warranties are non-transferable and apply to the first buyer only, still living at the same address;
Surplus RD will comply with the terms and conditions of its warranty by repairing or replacing, at its discretion, furniture parts which, following inspection of the product by the person in charge, actually include a manufacturing defect and have been subject to normal conditions.
During the first year after the date of purchase, the warranty covers all the parts and labor costs. From the 2nd to the 5th year, the buyer will be responsible for labor and damage appraisal costs. At any time and in no case will Surplus RD be responsible for the schedule or transportation charges asked by the transport company when you request a repair or replacement.
If, during the warranty period, identical materials are no longer available at the time of repair or replacement, Surplus RD reserves the right to replace them with materials of equal or greater quality. The color of the leather or replacement fabric may differ from the original if the manufacturer uses a new and/or different batch of dye.
Procedure to file a complaint
If a problem occurs and you believe it is covered by our warranty, please notify the person in charge at the store where you made the purchase. An arrangement could be agreed upon at this point. However, upon contacting him/her, you must provide your invoice and photos of the damaged product so the manager can proceed swiftly with your complaint. To exercise the warranty, you must absolutely provide your original invoice. Surplus RD is not able to provide you with a copy.